This certificate is designed to prepare students for careers as machine tool operators/machinists in the current advanced technology manufacturing industries. Instruction is provided in the operation and maintenance for machine tools such as lathes, mills, grinders and other common machine shop equipment.
In compliance with Title 34 Code of Federal Regulations 668.6 of the Higher Education Act of 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment Programs.
Upon successful completion of this curriculum, students should be able to:
- Set up and operate conventional machines to produce products to required specifications.
- Perform commonly assigned operator clean up and maintenance tasks associated with conventional machining.
- Develop a process plan to machine a basic part.
- Accurately interpret technical drawings calculations and measurements to verify product manufacturing specifications.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively and professionally communicate technical information.
- Apply knowledge of materials and mathematics to solve manufacturing problems as well as manufacture products.
- Apply safety principles and practices in the work environment.
The College will award a certificate of proficiency to students who complete 30 credits of an approved career program. These credits will not normally include physical education, developmental, basic and/or continuing education courses and will usually consist of 24 credits in the career specialty and six credits in general education. At least 50 percent of the credits must be earned at Delaware County Community College. The student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. At least six credit hours must be in courses that are awarded grade points.
|MTT 108||Mathematics for Occupational Technologies||3|
|MTT 110||Print Layout and Measurement for Machining||4|
|MTT 111||Introduction to Manufacturing||3|
|MTT 112||Lathe Operations I||3|
|MTT 124||Milling Operations I||3|
|TCC 111||Technical Communications||3|
|MTT 122||Lathe Operations II||3|
|MTT 210||CNC Machine Tool Operations||3|
|MTT 213||Manufacturing Processes||3|
|MTT 214||Milling Operations II||3|