Academic Catalog

Veterans Services

The Nazz Mariani Veterans Center

Veterans Center

The College’s Nazz Mariani Veterans Center, named in honor of World War II Army veteran Nazz Mariani, is located in room 2570 of Founders Hall. The Center is equipped with computers, satellite cable and a coffee maker among other amenities for student-veterans and serves as a space for studying, socializing and veterans-focused programming. The Center is open from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Fridays (except on Fridays during the summer when the College is closed).

Veterans Benefits

Pennsylvania National Guard benefits

Benefits through the Pennsylvania Army and Air National Guard can be used at Delaware County Community College. These benefits will cover the full cost of tuition at the College for those who are eligible but excludes the cost of fees. For more information, visit or contact 717-861-8626.

Federal benefits

Benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) can be used at Delaware County Community College. Veterans, along with the spouses and dependents of veterans who have died or have a service-related disability, may be eligible for benefits. Students may inquire about their eligibility by calling the VA at 888-442-4551 or by visiting

Students using military education benefits are required to complete a Veterans Benefit Certification Request (green sheet) each term after they register for classes at the College. If you are a student using military education benefits for the first time at the College, however, you will need to complete the following tasks:

  • Complete and submit a Veterans Benefit Certification Request form (green sheet), which can be found at the front desk in suite 3500, at Enrollment Central in Founders Hall, or online at Apply for VA benefits at unless you are using Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation (VVR) benefits (students can apply for VVR at A certificate of eligibility from the VA or proof that they requested one unless you are using VVR benefits (can be retrieved online at
  • These documents can be submitted online at, via physical mail to the
    Admissions Office
    901 S. Media Line Road
    Media PA, 19063
    or by hand delivery to Enrollment Central in Founders Hall on the Marple Campus.
  • Veterans that have unresolved concerns or need additional support can email or schedule an appointment with a school certifying official at the front desk in the Enrollment Services suite (room 3500).

Veterans FYI:

Items that can be addressed at the College:

  • VA benefit recipients who have had classes dropped for non-payment
  • VA benefit recipients attempting to see if the College has received all of the necessary documentation to process their military education benefits
  • Vocational Rehabilitation students that were unable to obtain their books from the bookstore
  • All first-time VA benefit recipients
  • Counsel for students considering withdrawing or who have withdrawn from classes

Items that cannot be addressed at the College:

  • VA benefit recipients that have not received payment from the VA (you must contact the VA at 888-442-4551 between 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday-Friday)
  • VA benefit recipients that want to know how much they have remaining in benefits (you must contact the VA at 888-442-4551 between 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday - Friday)
  • VA benefit recipients attempting to register for classes (you must contact the College’s Career and Counseling Center)

Veterans FAQ:

Will my classes be dropped for nonpayment if my benefits aren’t processed in time?
Yes, unless you provide us with a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility for the veteran whose benefits are being used along with a certificate of eligibility or a printout of the confirmation page showing that you requested the benefit.

I spoke to the VA and they said that the College hasn’t certified my enrollment yet. When will my benefits be processed?
The College will typically certify enrollment with the VA one month prior to the start of each term. From there, you can check on the status of your benefits by contacting the VA (you must contact the VA at 888-442-4551 between 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday – Friday).

Why did I receive a debt letter from the VA?
The VA initiates debt letters when students withdraw from classes. You should bring the debt letter to Enrollment Central in Founders Hall so that the College can determine whether payment to you or the VA is warranted.

Can taking less classes impact my education benefits?
Yes. The amount you receive in VA education benefits is partially based on how many classes you are taking. Additionally, for Post 9/11 G.I. Bill (the most commonly used benefit) you will lose your monthly housing allowance when you fall below the equivalent of greater than half-time enrollment.

If I’m using VVR benefits, what do I have to do to get my books for class?
The bookstore will be sent a list of all students receiving VVR benefits. If you’re using vocational rehabilitation benefits, you can simply go to the bookstore and provide the staff there with your name and let them know that you’re a “VA student”.

What am I allowed to purchase from the bookstore with my VVR benefits?
You may only use VVR benefits to purchase textbooks, notebooks, pens, pencils and other supplies explicitly listed on the syllabus for each class in which you’ve enrolled.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at