This advanced certificate is designed for students who have completed the CNC Programming-Lathe and Mill Certificate and also have prior machining experience. The Program prepares the student for entry-level positions in the occupational specialty of Computer Aided Manufacturing/Machining in Lathe, Mill and EDM programming and operations. Concepts covered in the program include CAM as a design, management and operational tool, principles of EDM technology and production utilizing EDM equipment. The students will learn how to maximize efficiencies and effectiveness via software and equipment integration. Departmental approval is required to enroll in the Program.
In compliance with Title 34 Code of Federal Regulations 668.6 of the Higher Education Act of 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment Programs.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Interact with hardware/software in order to create and manipulate various views as a means for appropriately displaying a model.
- Plan and demonstrate steps for creating and modifying (manufactured) part models.
- Structure a plan for approaching multi-part, same set-up, tool path generation for difficult to machine piece-parts.
- Generate tool paths for creating cross drilling, face contouring and c-axis contours on mill-turn machine tool.
- Set-up and operate a ram and a wire EDM machine tool in order to achieve desired inspection/quality characteristics on a finished part.
- Utilize CAM software programming options to modify cutting parameters and settings, part geometry at various points on a contour.
The College will award a certificate of competency to students who complete an approved credit-bearing career program that requires less than 30 credits. General education courses may not be required for programs that have less than 30 credits. The student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. At least six credit hours must be in courses that are awarded grade points.
|MTT 129||Solids (CAM) Modeling||3|
|MTT 219||CAM Solids I||3|
|MTT 229||CAM Solids II||3|
|MTT 230||Electrical Discharge Machining||4|
|MTT 199||Machine Tool Internship||3|