The Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC&R) occupations program prepares graduates for employment with HVAC&R installation and service contractors and/or facilities maintenance positions. Students completing the program also receive EPA Refrigerant Certification. Having achieved the competencies of this program, students are prepared for full-time employment at an entry-level position or, if already in the fields, to advance in their organization.
In compliance with Title 34 Code of Federal Regulations 668.6 of the Higher Education Act of 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment Programs.
Upon successful completion of program requirements, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles, properties and functions of residential and light commercial HVAC&R components and systems.
- Use appropriate tools and materials to size, install, service and/or repair HVAC&R equipment and systems.
- Interpret and use pressure and vacuum charts, blueprints and wiring diagrams for HVAC&R systems.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions in HVAC&R systems.
- Use computational skills to solve problems in electrical, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Employ occupational health and safety principles and practices.
The College will award a certificate of competency to students who complete an approved credit-bearing career program that requires less than 30 credits. General education courses may not be required for programs that have less than 30 credits. The student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. At least six credit hours must be in courses that are awarded grade points.
|HVA 100||Introduction to Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Electrical Fabrication||2|
|HVA 101||Introduction to Refrigeration and Air Conditioning||2|
|HVA 103||Advanced Refrigeration and Air Conditioning||2|
|HVA 104||Practical Problems in Mathematics for HVAC&R Technicians||3|
|HVA 200||Advanced HVAC&R Electrical Fabrication||2|
|HVA 201||Refrigerant Certification||3|
|HVA 106||Basic Piping for Contractors||2|
|HVA 202||Oil and Gas Burner Service||2|
|HVA 203||Heat Pumps||3|
|HVA 204||Blueprint Reading for HVAC||3|