The associate in applied science degree in Machine Tool Technology emphasizes the advanced manufacturing technologies. Students are prepared to work in precision tooling, machining and manufacturing. Graduates could qualify for positions as machine tool operators; machinists; Computerized Numerically Controlled (CNC) machinists and programmers; Electrical Discharge Machine (EDM) operator/programmers; computer-aided drafting/design and computer-aided machining/manufacturing (CAD-CAM) programmers, toolmakers, mold makers and inspectors.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the processes and operations of conventional/manual machines; Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) and Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate competency in programming and operating Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) systems, machines and tool.
- Communicate advanced technological concepts and practices in oral, written and graphical formats.
- Accurately perform conversions, computations and calculations needed for parts production.
- Demonstrate knowledge of project management processes related to be machining operation.
- Demonstrate knowledge in understanding of machine shop safety as well as industry safety principles and practices.
|MTT 110||Print Layout and Measurement for Machining||4|
|MTT 111||Introduction to Manufacturing||3|
|MTT 112||Lathe Operations I||3|
|TCC 111||Technical Communications||3|
|ENG 100||English Composition I||3|
|MTT 122||Lathe Operations II||3|
|MTT 124||Milling Operations I||3|
|MTT 129||Solids (CAM) Modeling||3|
|Select one of the following:||3-4|
|Modern College Mathematics|
|Introduction to Probability and Statistics|
|ENG 112||English Composition II: Writing About Literature||3|
|MTT 210||CNC Machine Tool Operations||3|
|MTT 214||Milling Operations II||3|
|MTT 219||CAM Solids I||3|
|Any Oral Communication (OC) designated course||3|
|PHY 107||Technical Physics||4|
|MTT 220||CNC Programming||3|
|MTT 229||CAM Solids II||3|
|MTT 230||Electrical Discharge Machining||4|
|Any Diversity and Social Justice (DJ) and Global Understanding (GU) designated Social Science course||3|