This certificate is designed to provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge to seek employment as Process Operators/Technicians in automated manufacturing and production facilities. The program provides students with an introduction to the concepts, theory, principles and technical demands, as well as the hazards and accident prevention aspects associated with the operation of processing equipment.
In compliance with Title 34 Code of Federal Regulations 668.6 of the Higher Education Act of 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment Programs.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the monitoring and maintenance of processing systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of troubleshooting processes.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solving process control problems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety practices and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrate and understanding of the job responsibilities of various positions of employment with the (continuous flow) processing industries.
The College will award a certificate of proficiency to students who complete 30 credits of an approved career program. These credits will not normally include physical education, developmental, basic and/or continuing education courses and will usually consist of 24 credits in the career specialty and six credits in general education. At least 50 percent of the credits must be earned at Delaware County Community College. The student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. At least six credit hours must be in courses that are awarded grade points.
|PCT 100||Plant Equipment||3|
|PCT 101||Introduction to Process Technology||4|
|PCT 110||Safety, Health and the Environment||3|
|CHE 101||Introduction to General Chemistry||4|
|TCC 111||Technical Communications||3|
|Select one of the following:||3-4|
|Modern College Mathematics|
|Introduction to Probability and Statistics|
|PCT 111||Process Control I||4|
|PCT 115||Process Control II||4|
|PCT 120||Unit Operations||4|