Welding Technology, Certificate Competency (WLD)
Effective: Spring 2016
The Welding Technology Certificate provides training in the field of industrial welding. This Certificate offers practical training and relevant theory in Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding, Flux cored Arc Welding, Oxy-fuel Welding and Cutting, Plasma Cutting, as well Welding Inspection.
- Demonstrate basic competencies in the four primary welding processes used in industry today.
- Use welding electrodes in four positions.
- Interpret blueprints and welding symbols.
- Apply non-destructive testing required in industry.
- Demonstrate mastery of knowledge of basic metallurgy.
- Employ occupational safety and health principles and practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of inspection principles and practices.
The College will award a certificate of competency to students who complete an approved credit-bearing career program that requires less than 30 credits. General education courses may not be required for programs that have less than 30 credits. The student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. At least six credit hours must be in courses that are awarded grade points.
|WLD 100||Introduction to Welding||2|
|WLD 101||Introduction to Oxy-Fuel Welding and Cutting||2|
|WLD 103||Shielded Metal Arc Welding I||2|
|WLD 104||Shielded Metal Arc Welding II||2|
|WLD 105||Intermediate Shielded Metal Arc Welding I||2|
|WLD 106||Intermediate Shielded Metal Arc Welding II||2|
|WLD 111||Printing Reading and Shop Math for Fabricators||3|
|WLD 200||Gas Metal Arc I||2|
|WLD 202||Advanced Shielded Arc Welding I||2|
|WLD 204||Gas Tungsten Arc Welding I||2|
|WLD 201||Gas Metal Arc II||2|
|WLD 203||Advanced Shielded Arc Welding II||2|
|WLD 205||Gas Tungsten Arc Welding II||2|