This certificate option provides students with a multi-disciplinary approach to the design, networking and programming areas of web development. Designed to prepare students for entry-level employment as: Web Site Designer, Web Developer, Web Programmer. Students learn to integrate client-side and server-side technologies to build and manage real-world web-based applications. The program provides students with necessary skills for creating and managing web sites using current industry standards. The design and development of responsive web applications is also covered. Students also gain a foundation in current networking technologies and supporting Linux/UNIX systems.
In compliance with Title 34 Code of Federal Regulations 668.6 of the Higher Education Act of 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment Programs.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students should be able to:
- Plan for a professional web site.
- Create web sites using current HTML and CSS standards.
- Create responsive web applications that display appropriately on a variety of mobile, tablet, laptop and desktop screens.
- Incorporate scripting languages into web documents.
- Support current Linux/UNIX systems.
- Identify and explain the fundamentals of networking.
- Upload files to web server and update and maintain web sites.
- Identify career paths, academic programs and training opportunities in the field of web development.
The College will award a certificate of competency to students who complete an approved credit-bearing career program that requires less than 30 credits. General education courses may not be required for programs that have less than 30 credits. The student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. At least six credit hours must be in courses that are awarded grade points.
|DPR 101||Introduction to Computer Science||3|
|NET 110||Network Communications||3|
|DPR 207||Intro to Oracle:SQL||4|
|IMM 120||Web Page Design and Development||3|
|DPR 141||UNIX Operating Systems||3|
|DPR 241||Mobile Web Development||3|
or DPR 206
Optional Internship Opportunities:
|Select one of the following:|
|CS/DPR 190||Computer Programming Internship (1 credit)||1|
|CS/DPR 194||Computer Programming Internship (2 credit)||2|
|CS/DPR 199||Computer Programming Intern||3|
Total Credits: 25-28