Effective: Fall 2014
This certificate option provides students with a multi-disciplinary approach to the design, networking and programming areas of web development. Designed to prepare students for entry-level employment as: Web Site Designer, Web Developer, Web Programmer. Students learn to integrate client-side and server-side technologies to build and manage real-world web-based applications. The program provides students with necessary skills for creating and managing web sites using current industry standards. The design and development of responsive web applications is also covered. Students also gain a foundation in current networking technologies and supporting Linux/UNIX systems.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students should be able to:
- Plan for a professional web site.
- Create web sites using current HTML and CSS standards.
- Create responsive web applications that display appropriately on a variety of mobile, tablet, laptop and desktop screens.
- Incorporate scripting languages into web documents.
- Support current Linux/UNIX systems.
- Identify and explain the fundamentals of networking.
- Upload files to web server and update and maintain web sites.
- Identify career paths, academic programs and training opportunities in the field of web development.
The College will award a certificate of competency to students who complete an approved credit-bearing career program that requires less than 30 credits. General education courses may not be required for programs that have less than 30 credits. The student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. At least six credit hours must be in courses that are awarded grade points.
|CS 101||Introduction to Computer Science||3|
|NET 110||Network Communications||3|
|CS 207||Intro to Oracle: SQL||4|
|IMM 120||Web Page Design and Development||3|
|CS 141||UNIX Operating Systems||3|
|CS 241||Mobile Web Development||3|
Optional Internship Opportunities:
|Select one of the following:|
|CS 190||Computer Programming Internship (1 credit)||1|
|CS 194||Computer Programming Internship (2 credit)||2|
|CS 199||Computer Programming Internship (3 credit)||3|
Total Credits: 25-28