Effective: Fall 2017
The Office Administration Certificate is best suited for those who seek to develop both hard and soft skills essential to work efficiently and effectively in today’s modern office environment. Participants will gain practical experience implementing Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint on a Microsoft Windows platform. In addition to the practical aspects of this program, emphasis is placed upon preparing graduates for positions in professional and public sector employment. Upon completion of the certificate requirements, students will be able to continue their studies in pursuing an Associate in Applied Science degree in General Business (BGEN).
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Communicate effectively and professionally implementing varied mediums (memorandums, letters, reports, presentations, spreadsheets, agendas, itineraries, electronic communication) using integrated office productivity software.
- Employ ethical practices, professional etiquette and critical thinking to solve problems that arise in a contemporary office environment.
- Search and evaluate information in a variety of platforms.
- Use effective interpersonal skills to assist the completion of individual and team tasks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of various careers in business.
The College will award a certificate of competency to students who complete an approved credit-bearing career program that requires less than 30 credits. General education courses may not be required for programs that have less than 30 credits. The student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. At least six credit hours must be in courses that are awarded grade points.
|English Composition I
|Introduction to Business
|Introduction to Information Technology
Office Administration (Certificate)
Browse or search for careers and we will give you relevant data on wages, employment, and the training you need.
Faculty and staff in Career & Counseling Services are eager to help you become successful in college and in life. We offer services to assist you at any point in your academic journey and we tailor our approach to meet your individual needs.