Effective: Fall 2017
The Office Administration Certificate is best suited for those who seek to develop both hard and soft skills essential to work efficiently and effectively in today’s modern office environment. Participants will gain practical experience implementing Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint on a Microsoft Windows platform. In addition to the practical aspects of this program, emphasis is placed upon preparing graduates for positions in professional and public sector employment. Upon completion of the certificate requirements, students will be able to continue their studies in pursuing an Associate in Applied Science degree in General Business (BGEN).
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students should be able to:
- Communicate effectively and professionally implementing varied mediums (memorandums, letters, reports, presentations, spreadsheets, agendas, itineraries, electronic communication) using integrated office productivity software.
- Employ ethical practices, professional etiquette and critical thinking to solve problems that arise in a contemporary office environment.
- Search and evaluate information in a variety of platforms.
- Use effective interpersonal skills to assist the completion of individual and team tasks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of various careers in business.
The College will award a certificate of competency to students who complete an approved credit-bearing career program that requires less than 30 credits. General education courses may not be required for programs that have less than 30 credits. The student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. At least six credit hours must be in courses that are awarded grade points.
|ENG 100||English Composition I||3|
|BUS 100||Introduction to Business||3|
|DPR 100||Introduction to Information Technology||3|
|DPR 111||Computer Applications||3|
|BUS 130||Business Communication||3|